Every educator has ongoing professional development needs. When the search for resources begins, some of the most important criteria often includes affordability, relevance, and ease of implementation into an educator's teaching practice.
Dr. J has been involved in higher education over 11 years, and more importantly, he has worked with faculty as a faculty development specialist for most of this time.
The resources you will find available now are affordable and relevant for teaching adults who are online or on-ground; and the ideas, strategies, and tools provided can be easily implemented into any educator's instructional practice.
Dr. J is offering a special sale for the month of May and these resources are certain to inspire and inform your work as an educator. There are two options available for instructors working in higher education, whether you teach in a traditional college classroom or you teach online.
Purchase Option #1: Resources for a transformative online instructor.
Purchase Option #2: Resources for an engaging instructor in a traditional classroom.
Purchase Option #1: The Transformative Online Instructor Resource Package
You will receive the following books, signed by Dr. J:
- Transform Online Teaching: Expert Strategies and Essential Resources Every Educator Needs, by Dr. Bruce A. Johnson, Ph.D., MBA
- Appreciative Andragogy: Taking the Distance Out of Distance Learning (Paperback)
Appreciative Andragogy: Taking the Distance Out of Distance Learning, by Dr. Bruce A. Johnson, Ph.D., MBA
- Appreciate Andragogy is an exciting new instructional strategy that brings Appreciative Inquiry to the field of education. Appreciative Inquiry has been successfully utilized in organizations as a strengths-based approach to employee development. Similar to positive psychology there is a focus on developing strengths instead of deficits, to achieve peak or optimal performance.
- Appreciative Andragogy was developed as an instructional strategy for online classes; however, it can be implemented in any classroom environment, regardless of the subject matter, class size, or length of the class. This book provides the tools and language necessary to effectively use Appreciative Andragogy, and you can adapt it to work with and enhance your current instructional strategy.
- This book provides the origins of Appreciative Andragogy and provides details of the research study that was designed and implemented within real online classes.
- The research study concluded that Appreciative Andragogy had a positive effect on students' performance within an online learning classroom environment, and more importantly that Appreciative Andragogy has an ability to take the distance out of distance learning.
- Purchase your copy today and find out how Appreciative Andragogy can work for you.
Transform Online Teaching: Expert Strategies and Essential Resources Every Educator Needs, by Dr. Bruce A. Johnson, Ph.D., MBA
- Every online instructor needs a set of tools, techniques, and strategies to make the process of teaching an online class more effective. Whether you are a first time online instructor or a seasoned professional, there is something you will likely find beneficial for your work within this new book.
- This book was written to provide educators with a professional development opportunity from an academic leader and innovative educator. You can choose to read it from beginning to end, or you can choose a chapter to review at the start of each course you are assigned to teach.
- You may also find it useful to review specific topics of interest after you have conducted a self-assessment at the end of a class. The purpose of this book is to inspire your work as an online educator, develop engaging instructional practices, connect with students in a meaningful manner, and perform your very best.
- Customers Say: "This was actually my second copy. I purchased my first copy for my Kindle, this copy is for my husband because the publication was so profound and relative to what I do on a daily basis. I know that he will benefit from this publication as well. Thank you for this great resource." – Dr. NJ
The individual cost of these books is $34.99. You can purchase both books for only $22.00 Plus $3.00 Shipping (U.S.) = $25.00 Total Cost
Bonus: Small Essay Notebook (60 pages) TuL Pen Set (4 pens) (Limited Supply)
Purchase Option #2: The Traditional Instructor Resource Package
Getting Down to Business: A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty Who Teach Business, by Dr. Bruce A. Johnson, Ph.D., MBA
Getting Down to Business offers practical solutions, best-practice strategies and time-tested advice. It provides faculty readers with the contents of a first-rate teaching workshop for a fraction of the price. In addition, it provides business professionals, as well as academics who teach part-time, with the necessary tools to be highly successful classroom faculty.
Customers Say: "Very Useful Book." "I teach undergraduate business courses at a 4-year college and I bought this book. The writing is lively and engaging and the tips/suggestions were very helpful – particularly the chapter on business students and writing. I would recommend this book to instructors who teach undergraduate business courses and who are looking to improve their course delivery." – WmF
"Getting Down to Business is written in a lively and interesting style. It is packed with excellent recommendations and is a must-have for the adjunct faculty member teaching business courses. It’s one of the most comprehensive overall teaching handbooks for business faculty I’ve read thus far." – BS
The individual cost of this book is $15.00. You can purchase this book for only $7.00 Plus $3.00 Shipping (U.S.) = $10.00 Total Cost
Bonus: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (Paperback - A Limited Supply)
How to Purchase These Resources
Please use the contact form and Dr. J will send you an invoice. Contact Form
Once payment has been received, Dr. J will send a paid invoice to you by email and the book by mail. If you have any questions, please use the Contact Form.
About Dr. J
Dr. J has been working in the field of higher education and distance learning since 2005, with roles that have included Chief Academic Officer, online instructor, college instructor, and online faculty development specialist. Dr. J has also acquired significant experience with instructional design and curriculum development, having developed hundreds of online courses for bachelors, masters, and doctorate programs.
Dr. J has also published 180 online articles related to adult education, higher education, distance learning, online teaching, and career development. Prior to working in the field of higher education, Dr. J worked in a corporate environment as a manager of a training and development team.
Dr. Bruce A. Johnson is a professional writer, resume writer, learning and development consultant, social media strategist, and career coach. Dr. J founded Afforded Quality Writing in 2003 and has written hundreds of resumes every year in most industries, utilizing a skill set based approach to highlight the best of each person's career.
To learn more about Dr. Bruce A. Johnson, please visit the following resources:
Dr. J's online article page: http://tinyurl.com/k7j5t69