Dr. Bruce A. Johnson is an academic leader and innovative educator with experience in higher education as a Chief Academic Officer, Dean, online instructor, and college professor. Dr. J's background also includes work as a corporate trainer and manager of a corporate training development.
Dr. J has developed expertise in his career with academic program development, curriculum development, instructional design, adult education, distance learning, online teaching, faculty development, career coaching, resume writing, and organizational learning.
Dr. J's education and experience includes:
- Advanced Education:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Ph.D., with a specialization in Postsecondary and Adult Education
- Master of Business Administration, MBA
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Performance Improvement
- Master of Science in Education, with a specialization in Adult Education
- Faculty Development Specialist:
- Trained and mentored new faculty
- Faculty Workshop Facilitator
- Faculty Developmental Workshop Facilitator
- Faculty Peer Reviewer
- Academic Leader:
- Presently serve as Chief Academic Officer for Aston American University, an international online university.
- Academic Educator:
- 10+ years of online teaching experience, undergraduate and graduate classes, with a record of outstanding end-of-course evaluations.
- Curriculum Development Experience:
- Extensive experience developing courses and curriculum for graduate and undergraduate programs, along with instructor-led training courses as an instructional designer.
- Scholarly Contributions:
- Published Journal Article: The Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks (JALN), Vol. 18, No 3 (2014), October 2014, ISSN 1939-5256
- Conference Presentation: Transformation of Online Teaching Practices through Implementation of Appreciative Inquiry: 21ST Annual Online Learning Consortium International Conference, October 14, 2015
- Published Author: Transform Online Teaching: Expert Strategies and Essential Resources Every Educator Needs (CreateSpace, 2016)
- Published Author: Getting Down to Business: A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty Who Teach Business (Part-Time Press, 2015)
- Published Author: Appreciative Andragogy: Taking the Distance Out of Distance Learning (CreateSpace, 2013)
- Authored 160 online articles related to adult education, distance learning, online teaching, and career development.
- Served on Leadership Committees:
- Accreditation Review and Readiness, Student Success, and Academic Preparedness
- LMS Experience:
- Worked with online classroom platforms that include WebCT, eCollege, Canvas, Sakai, Moodle, Educator, Desire2Learn, and Blackboard.
- Corporate Training:
- 10+ years of experience that includes work as a Manager of Training and Development, with expertise in organizational development, human resources management, communication, teambuilding, improving operational efficiency, and customer relations.
To contact Dr. J please use the contact form: Contact Dr. J