Innovative leader who possess significant strengths in distance learning, adult education, teaching with technology, student and faculty relations, curriculum development, and career development. Successful management and leadership in academic institutions and corporate organizations. Developed an exceptional record of academic excellence, student and faculty services, collaboration, communication, mentoring, coaching, and professionalism. Strong academic leadership and educational acumen, with highly developed critical thinking, planning, organization, presentation, conflict resolution, problem-solving, and time management skills.
Professor, School of Education, Performance Improvement Leadership/Training & Performance Improvement
- Teaching and Instruction – Core faculty are highly-engaged instructors in the courses and residencies they teach. They are sought out by learners and consistently exceed set expectations for faculty who teach courses at Capella.
- Doctoral Mentoring – Core faculty are highly knowledgeable about established dissertation and doctoral capstone processes and resources. They interact effectively with learners, are able to develop strong relationships, and offer guidance. They have demonstrated success in chairing and serving on doctoral committees. Core faculty facilitate highly-interactive dissertation and capstone course rooms and their learners are supported to timely completion of the dissertation or capstone product.
- Curriculum and Course Development – Core faculty are knowledgeable in the Capella course development process and have demonstrated the ability to work successfully with cross functional partners across Capella to plan and deliver high-quality course and curriculum in the area of their expertise.
- School and University Governance – Core faculty regularly demonstrate leadership roles in school and university governance. They willingly assume school and university committee roles as active participants and are effective in driving the positive impact of these governance structures. They are the role models and leaders among faculty and serve as peer mentors.
- Research and Scholarship – Core faculty stay current in their scholarly field(s) and demonstrate expertise through writing, speaking, and conference attendance. Core faculty are viewed by other faculty as thought leaders and share their expertise among their colleagues.
- Leadership through Team Engagement – Core faculty are expected to serve as models for all other faculty in their ability and willingness to take on essential roles and other duties as needed within the department, school or university.
Dissertation Mentor: Background includes serving as a coach and mentor for students who are working on dissertation and doctoral capstone projects, while supporting their progress as they complete their programs. Served on Dissertation Committees, providing meaningful feedback while guiding doctoral candidates.
Graduate Courses Taught: Research Methods in Management Science, Human Relations Communication, Strategic Management, Leading Teams, Human Resources Development & Training, Organizational Behavior, Facilitated an Action Research Master's Practicum and Integration Project, Comprehensive Examination Mentor
Undergraduate Courses Taught: Introduction to Business, Total Quality Operations Management, Principles of Marketing, Organizational Behavior, Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management, Personal Selling
Chief Academic Officer, Dean: Oversee program development and implementation of the BA, MBA, and DBA programs for an international online school. Collaborate with faculty in efforts to achieve key educational targets; monitoring and managing retention, maintaining compliance in academic areas, driving and assessing the effectiveness of current strategies, identifying areas for improvement, and making recommendations in support of institutional processes.
Faculty Director: Recruited, interviewed, hired, trained, mentored, and evaluated all online faculty. Motivated and empowered instructors to perform their very best by providing ongoing mentoring, coaching, feedback, and support. Provided one-on-one coaching for identification of mentoring needs and/or creating individualized professional development plans for faculty, to address challenges and opportunities of teaching diverse international students.
Faculty Development Manager: Developed and launched a brand-new faculty Center for Teaching and Learning, designed as a resource for faculty, offering professional development courses, workshops, and programs to improve online teaching practices. Created a Faculty Performance Model to standardize how faculty classroom performance is evaluated. Developed, launched, and delivered a brand-new Faculty New Hire Orientation Training program to help assess faculty candidates and acculturate them to relevant policies, processes, and procedures. Authored and delivered Open and Remedial Faculty Workshops. Authored a Faculty Handbook and Writing Center Handbook.
Curriculum Development: Developed hundreds of courses for undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including the following: EBUS5423 Data Analytics and Reporting, EBUS5433 Law Labor and Negotiations, EBUS5443 Risk Management, LEAD5583 Career and Professional Development, LEAD5603 Compliance and Reporting, LEAD5623 The Economics of Community College, EBUS5413 Operations and Facility Management
Leadership and Management: Successfully managed a team of six Corporate Trainers. Responsibilities included managing schedules and estimating costs of training operations. Managed the training department budget and inventory. Recruited, interviewed, hired and trained new trainers. Evaluated new training requests and scheduled course development based upon priority levels. Conducted Train the Trainer sessions: One-on-one and through classes and workshops. Conducted classroom observations and prepared trainer evaluations.
Doctor of Philosophy in Education
- Specialization: Postsecondary and Adult Education (4.0 GPA)
- Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota (Conferral Date: May 31, 2010)
Certificate: Training and Performance Improvement
- Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota (09/30/2005) (4.0 GPA)
Master of Science, Education – Emphasis in Adult Education
- Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota (06/30/2004) (4.0 GPA)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- University of Phoenix, Las Vegas, Nevada (07/17/2000) (3.87 GPA)
About Affordable Quality Writing
Dr. J founded Afforded Quality Writing in 2003 to offer skill-based resume writing and strengths-based career coaching.
• Dr. J helps hundreds of clients each year by providing a well-written and highly effective resume, along with instilling in them a renewed self-confidence and sense of purpose.
Resume Writer: Dr. J develops custom written resumes which represent the skills, abilities, career achievements, career interests, and goals of each client in a skill-based format.
Career Management: Dr. J also provides career management, helping clients with personal branding, along with providing clients with job interview and job offer negotiation techniques.
Career Coach: This is a six-week program designed to uncover belief systems, develop the motivation necessary to change, identify areas of development, create productive habits, examine dreams, and establish goals.
- This helps clients assess professional strengths, interests, skills, and preferences for the establishment of career goals.
- It assists clients in analyzing resources and job market trends which can be utilized in career decision making and goal setting.
- Dr. J works with clients as they apply tools, techniques, and strategies to the career planning and job acquisition process.
Affordable Quality Writing: Accredited by the BBB of Eastern & Southwest Missouri & Southern Illinois, A+ Rating
Review of Affordable Quality Writing:
- Dr. Johnson has written my resume for me on two occasions in the past six years and I have been delighted with the finished product both times. He works tirelessly and in an expeditious manner to craft an individuals' resume, taking great efforts to communicate with each person to generate the resume they are searching for.
- He is incredibly thorough, professional and understands what potential employers are seeing in candidates for their positions. Dr. Johnson provides an amazing finished product that you will be delighted with. He provides the resume, cover letter and reference list in multiple formats(word/PDF etc etc) to comply with everyone's tastes and preferences.
- I cannot recommend Dr. Johnson enough. Steve 4/2/2018
Dr. J published the following resources:
- Transform Adult Education: Expert Teaching Strategies for Educators,
- Transform Online Teaching: Expert Strategies and Essential Resources Every Educator Needs,
- Appreciative Andragogy: Taking the Distance Out of Distance Learning,
- Getting Down to Business: A Handbook for Adjunct Faculty Who Teach Business
To learn more about these transformative professional development resources, please visit: http://www.drbruceajohnson.com/resources-and-store
To learn more about Dr. Bruce A. Johnson, please visit :